Module 2 Summary    

Chapter 2 deals with basic communication on the Internet, which is email. Email is something I have been using for many years. Originally, I made an aol email account in order to use AIM in grade school. Over the years I have had a few personal email accounts,a few professional email accounts, and several academic accounts as well. That is to say, email is everywhere. All of these different accounts have used different email addresses, or usernames. There has been some overlap, but most have been with different webmail providers, including, aol, Gmail, and Outlook.

One takeaway I had from the text is that I have relatively good email netiquette. My most recent professional experience was as a Senior Store Manager with FedEx, so emails were constant. I was in frequent contact with high level leaders, so professionalism was key. One of the things I took away from that position was how important it is to keep an organized inbox in order to prevent missed communications.  Most providers have really simple filtering and filing tools that allows you to sort messages by priority or task completion status.